The RATT and Dunsmore Rotary Club Virtual Race Night
To sign up to take part in the virtual race night, you will need to deposit funds with our “virtual bookie” Honest Ange. The minimum stake for the evening is £20.00 which gives you eight bets – enough for one horse in each race, plus an entry to our special Dual Forecast random bet on the last race.
Any unspent funds, plus any winnings, will be returned to you after the event. Please note that in order to comply with the rules around charity race nights, races are chosen at random after al bets have been placed, thus this is a game of chance and everyone has an equal chance of winning.
To reserve your place, deposit your funds using the “DONATE” link at the top left of this page. You can make your deposit using either a Paypal account or a credit/debit card (just click “pay using a card” at the bottom of the screen after clicking through).
On the night, please bring a glass of wine or two to the screen!
Places on the event are limited in order that we can keep the betting and Zoom screens manageable, so please reserve your place using the “Donate” link at the top of this page as soon as possible.
How it works in detail
Virtual Race Night – the betting
1. “Honest Ange” your bookie will run an account for your household.
2. To take part, you will need to deposit an amount by Paypal or using a bank card before we start, using the link above
3. The minimum deposit to take part is £20. This will cover
– A single horse bet in each of our eight races (£2)
– Entry into the last race special bet, a £4 dual forecast. This is a random chance to win £50 (assuming we sell all the combinations)
– Your free race night programme, delivered as a PDF file
4. Betting is a simple and transparent “tote” system. A bet slip for a horse to win is a flat £2.
5. Betting proceeds from each race are split 50/50 between the charities and holders of winning slips. Any rounding will be done in favour of the charities. The charities benefiting are Rugby Area Talent Trust (RATT) and The Rotary Club of Rugby Dunsmore.
6. We recommend that if your household is likely to choose more than one horse in each race, that you deposit more. Recommendation is £40 for a couple or £60 for a family. This is entirely optional as we will run a credit line for you on the night if needed.
7. “Honest Ange” will (from her pad in Barbados) keep a tally of each household’s betting account, offsetting bets placed with any winnings.
8. Within your household, you’ll need to keep tabs on individuals’ bets if you want to do that, “Honest Ange” will only account for funds at the household level
9. After the race night, you will receive an account of your bets and winnings within 24 hours of the event ending.
10. If you are in profit, funds will be returned to you within 48 hours of the event.
11. If you are in deficit, we will send you an invoice and the additional amounts must be paid within 48 hours of the event.
12. Credit for betting is provided in good faith, please settle ASAP so we can transfer funds to the charities.
13. Place a bet by sending a text to 07702 009 339 in the time set aside before each race.
14. Please don’t send texts for other upcoming races, just the one we are working on.
15. Your text must read “household name, race X, horse Y, horse name”. For example “Smith, Race 4, Horse 6, Red Rum”.
16. You will receive a text in response saying simply “OK” as confirmation that your bet is placed.
17. You can place as many bets as you wish on any race, each bet is a horse to win and costs £2
18. Once the race is declared closed, no more bets can be taken.
19. Races and results are randomized; this is a game of chance that complies with the rules around charity race nights.
20. Places on the event are strictly limited, so please reserve your place using the “Donate” link at the top of this page.